- Care: Easy
- Light: Thrives under any light conditions
- Water: Water sparingly, every 3-4 weeks. Watch for wrinkling in the spears which is a sign of dehydration
- Temperature: Keep away from cold drafts
- Total Height: 8”-11”
- Total Width: 4”-5”
- Origin: South Africa
- Botanical Name: Aloe humilis
Originating from South Africa, the Hedgehog Aloe is a much sturdier cousin to the Aloe Vera. Unlike the Aloe Vera, these guys can take a bit of a bump or two without seriously damaging their spears. The Hedgehog Aloe’s spears are much more flexible and durable and tend to grow up as opposed to out. Studied by NASA, the Aloe plant is on their list of top air cleansing plants in interior spaced helping you to breathe fresh air on the job! Oh and if you find yourself suffering from dry skin in the winter or you burned yourself making coffee in the morning, you can use the gel found in the Aloe's spears to help sooth the wound and aid in healing.
Tips: If you have dry skin during the winter or a sunburn after a sunny weekend, you can apply some of the internal gel found in the spears to help soothe any lingering irritation.
Safe for Pets? Yes
- Each shipment comes in our specially designed shipping containers to ensure safety in transit. Packages typically arrive within five business days.
- Each plant comes with its own unique care card to help you learn about your new plant as well as set you on the right foot for the specific care needs.
- We guarantee the quality of all plants and pots during shipping. If your plant or pot is critically damaged upon arrival we will replace each item free of charge or offer a full or partial refund.